NOTICE TO CTA MEMBERS! the 2018 Season opens with the Tower opening on Sunday April 29th. Check the calendar and register your plans to attend!
Introduction To TinyPortal
TinyPortal (TP) is a magnificent modification of Simple Machines Forum (SMF). It will turn your simple SMF forum into a fully operational portal. It will expand your SMF forum with Frontpage options, Articles, Panels filled with Blocks, and Plugins, with an on-going list of Module add-ons to choose from.
Developed to work seamlessly with SMF, it uses many of its internal functions and is therefore more secure. There is no need for 2 admin interfaces, memberbases, or themes to manage as with other portals. Tiny Portal will operate on a single software system. The best way to put it: "TinyPortal" is an extension of the "Simple Machines Forum", not 2 different integrated softwares.
Best of all, it's FREE!
TinyPortal Features Include:
- Articles: are HTML, PHP, BBC, imported or external pages with optional author information and visual options to show alone, with panels & blocks, and/or with other articles. All articles can be categorized, or have comments and ratings.
- Frontpage: is the first page or index page of your TP & SMF site. TP gives you ability to dress up your frontpage any way you see fit using forum posts, articles, panels & blocks, and even modules. If you're not interested in all that, you can choose for your frontpage to go directly to your forum index.
- Panels: are several sections or containers that hold all of your blocks. There is the top panel, upper panel, frontpanel, lower panel, bottom panel, left panel, and right panel. These panels help control the layout of your TP & SMF driven forum.
- Blocks: these are small boxes of information or functions in HTML, PHP, or BBC. They can be placed in any order, in any panel and section/action of the TP & SMF driven site.
- Modules: are enhancements to TinyPortal written by various developers that add new abilities to the overall functions of the site. Examples of a module would be: File Manager, Gallery Manager, and Chat.
- Plugins: are modifications to existing TinyPortal features or modules that extend its abilities. For example, if someone made a modification to add a WYSIWYG editor that can be used in articles or blocks.
For more information, please visit our Documentation.